Dating is often awkward, sweet, and challenging. But don’t worry! We’ve put together some top gay dating tips to consider when meeting new people.
We’ve put together some top gay dating tips to consider when meeting new people. Let us save you some time, energy and heartache. You can thank us later.
1. Finding a romantic partner is only one of many goals you can have at once. There’s a difference between making something a priority and having an obsession. No one wants to be the Captain Ahab of the dating world.
2. It’s not about getting someone to think you’re good enough for them. It’s about finding someone you can stand to spend a ridiculous amount of time with. It’s about finding the puzzle piece you fit with and the Ernie to your Bert.
3. Stop worrying about potential paramours rejecting you for being too fat, too short, too whatever. It’s entirely possible that you would’ve had to reject them for never having seen Star Wars (your essential piece of pop culture may vary) anyway. People who simply are “not the right fit” exist. The sooner you weed them out of your life, the happier you’ll be.
4. A first date is not an audition for marriage. It’s just a tryout for a second date. No one ever fell in love while analyzing every detail of their momentous first meeting.
5. If a man says that he’s too damaged for you (or too neurotic, or too anything), just take his word for it. Even if it is his low self-esteem talking, you’re not going to be able to fix him. And it’s probably just a euphemism for “I’m just not feeling it.”
Have you found the right one, or are you still searching?